Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday XXXX


XXMONDAYXX

Jowls - Cursed (2012)


With guitar and drum duty by ex-members of Victor! Fix the Sun and bass by an ex-member of cloud mouth, Jowls already had the makings of one hell of a band, but damn, I got to say they really surprised me with this one... in a good way, of course. This new release entitled, 'Cursed' may just take the cake as my favorite screamo album of the year and possibly fill in for the loss of a new Victor! Fix the Sun record. Definitely something I'm going to be listening to a lot!

Last.fm

Goose Hunt - throw it at your dads house (2012)


This fun little electronic indie pop outfit from Montreal is going to be rolling into Maine in July and I felt I should share it. "Check it out" is my favorite track so far and is actually what you should do with it.

I don't know much more about the band per se but the show will be at Genos on the 26th.

Last.fm

Shakey Graves - Roll the Bones (not 1987)


Shakey Graves is Texan native, Alejandro Rose-Garcia. When he's not wearing cowboy hats, he's wearing goat heads. 'Roll the Bones' is filled with some dirty back road folk jams and even a surprise cover of The Boss's "I'm on Fire" (well, I guess it's not that much of a surprise since it's called, "I'm On Fire" but I really thought it was going to be an original or something). This album could have either been released this year or 1987. It probably wasn't released in 1987 though.

Some perfect American music for this coming Fourth of July, if you ask me.

Last.fm



No comments:

Post a Comment