Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday XXXXI


No Apologies.

I forgot I had a real job last week.

I'm back this week though.

Mörse - S/T (2012)


French punk/hardcore that's all crusty and French. On tour with Loma Prieta right now!

Last.fm (not much there for this "Mörse")
Facebook

Deathspell Omega - Drought (2012)



French black metal since 1998.

While I'm not necessarily in the black metal mood, I have been in an ongoing metal and all around heavy music mood for quite some time now and Deathspell Omega has both of those things going for it. Plus, DO don't just blast beat for 20 minutes on end and I really appreciate that. Thanks guys, keep making interesting-to-listen-to black metal.

Oh, and that album artwork is spectacular! C'est tres magnifique!

Last.fm

father figure - 死の手 (2012)


Despite the Japanese album title, meaning 'Hand of Death', Father Figure are Americans from Texas with members from American rock bands innards and Two Knights. If you have ever heard the likes of Two Knight (posted months ago here), this is like the more screamo side of them. That is in part, due to the innards (posted way back) membership if you've ever heard them. So yeah, this absolutely sounds like innards + Two Knights all chopped up and thrown in a DIY mash-up/blender machine. Solid stuff.

This release, released a mere two months after their first demo, is a quickie. No song reaches the 3 minute mark, and I'm okay with that. It also has some samples from Knocked Up. I'm okay with that too.

I think I might like their first demo better but that shouldn't stop you (or me for that matter) from listening in to this release. Iz all good in the hood.

Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment