Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday XXXVIII


It's Monday already?

Fashanu - Cassette Tapette (2011)


I've really been in a pop punk trip lately and there doesn't seem to be any signs of it slowing down anytime soon. Especially not when I keep finding not too shabby bands like Fashanu, who sound like their from Europe or something but are really from Durham City. The one in North Carolina, I'm guessing.

Last.fm

SPOOK HOUSES - The Home EP (2011)


I remembered hearing about SPOOK HOUSES a short time ago when I was listening to some Weird Korea stuff. SPOOK HOUSES and Weird Korea have a split together and it's really pretty good, I'd say. The SPOOK HOUSES side is essentially just this EP, 'The Home' and contains 5 sweet indie rock jams that would make any mother proud of their part-time rock star son. It wasn't until recently that I actually started to listen to SPOOK HOUSES independently due in part by the discovery of SIRS' Full-length LP tour this summer and SPOOK HOUSES as their touring partners. Soon after finding out SIRS has a new LP coming out and aren't coming anywhere closer than Boston to me, I also discovered that SPOOK HOUSES is also going to be releasing an LP of their very own in July and looks to be very promising just from the one song they have up for it right now. But that is neither here nor there, what is here is this awesome EP and these guys sounding great and how I probably wouldn't be seeing them this summer with SIRS.

Last.fm

But I will be seeing...


CUSS - CUSS Demo (2011)


Cuss. A noise/punk rock band from Portland, Maine. I had not heard of them until today when I saw the bill for Red Medicine's last-show-ever show this friday also starring the Bangor, Maine teen sweetheart rock act, Captain Hollow. It's going to be a sad day for local music for sure and hope Dan Smith and the rest of the gang the best and a fond farewell as Red Med.

As for Cuss though, I have yet to see them perform, and from what I've heard so far from this demo, I gotta say, I'm definitely going to be checking their set out this friday. Bring da motherfathering ruckus.

Eyeball this sweet poster by Jakob from Captain Hollow, while you're at it...


Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment