Friday, October 5, 2012

HOST / KYOTY - Split

I meant to post this a little earlier, but the times got ahead of me. Anyhow, here is both sides of the Host/KYOTY split starting with KYOTY.

KYOTY's side


Man oh man, if you haven't read any of my previous rants about KYOTY yet, you best start doing so now! KYOTY (Keep Your Opinions To Yourself) are a post metal juggernaut from New Hampshire. They play some of the heaviest and just flat-out intense shows around (if you live in the New England area)! Wall after wall of sound and shear man-power, right here.

This split only has one track by KYOTY but it is one of their best; and one of their newest. No matter how loud you play this song, it will never capture the sound and intensity of hearing and witnessing it live.

The track is called, "Taking the Red Blood for Granted... Oh, How We Walk On Green Grass".

To further prove KYOTY's awesomeness, these guys played a show last month at Castle in the Clouds in New Hampshire. I'm not sure how the show went, but they played in the courtyard of a castle on top of a mountain during a car show! If that's not metal as fucking metal itself... then I don't know what is.

Facebook
Bandcamp
Official site
Last.fm

Host's side


Host is also from New Hampshire. They also play some dark and intense music, but in the form of hardcore. I have yet to see Host play their music in front of my face, but I'm guessing it would be pretty hardcore.

Host bring 3 tracks to this split. They are titled, I, II, and III on Hydrogen Man Records's bandcamp, but are listed as "I Tarry", "Keep Your Opinions To Yourself", and "On Drowning", on their bandcamp.

They're pretty hardcore.

Facebook
Bandcamp
Official site
Last.fm

P.S. KYOTY will be playing at Genos in Portland, Maine this weekend. I'll be home from school and in the Portland area, but unfortunately am not 21 yet... Shit happens. Go to this if you are 21+. You lucky bastards. I mean it! DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment