Monday, November 5, 2012

Monday XXXXXIV


It's getting a bit nippy out there...

TotorRo - Home Alone EP (2012)


TotorRo are post rock/metal act out of Rennes , France. These gents (or should I say, hommes) are on the same label as KYOTY and AmanRa, if that says anything. Which it should since those aforementioned cats are crazy good, too. The label is Tokyo Jupiter Records, of which I've hopefully mentioned before to y'all.

'Home Alone' is the name of this new EP here and is just a taste of what's to come via their upcoming album.



Tokyo Jupiter Records
Last.fm

Brightside - Seconds Matter (2012)


Brightside of Pittsburgh play a wonderful array of emotionally fun-filled indie rock and punk-y music. The band itself is comprised of ex-members of Code Orange Kid and The Edukators. And that's 'bout all we need to know.

Oh, and their bandcamp page hurts my eyes.



Last.fm


if and it - Grrr Boo Hiss (2012)


Local dreary folk warlords, if and it have been releasing so much music this year that I can hardly keep track of it all. It probably doesn't help matters that I heard about as much if and it I wanted to listen to for a whole year, last New Year's Eve, but that's beside the point. 'Grr Boo Hiss' is their newest work to be released this year following Bleeding Moon (released last summer) and Sparkly Gold (released in May) and honestly, I don't think I would have given it the time of day - until, say, next year - but the fact that it was recorded in a cabin somewhere in New Hampshire during hurricane Sandy, well.... how I couldn't not give it a proper listen? That would be un-American of me or something.

Cheers to these guys for daring the elements for the love of rock 'n' roll last week. Wish I could say the same for the HMS Bounty...



Facebook
Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment