Friday, August 9, 2013

NFT is Back!!!

After two months tugboating the Gulf Coast, Nostalgia For Tomorrow is back from the dead and ready to fill your empty music holes on the side of your head some call ears with the steamiest of steaming piles of music from all over the internet and my home state of Maine. Fuck apologies. Here's music:

Atlas At Last - Atlas At Last (2013)


Atlas At Last is a clever name. So is their music. But what could they possibly sound like?

Well, while their description on Last.fm may suggest post-hardcore and are heavily influenced by the Blood Brothers and At The Drive-In, I would have to say they sound a bit more like the punk groups Joyce Manor and Big Kids that I sometimes refer to as "aggressive pop punk". Cringe-worthy, I know, but that's the best I got...

Just listen for yourself:


Last.fm


mnttaB - Welcome to the planet, dear. (2013)


Don't really know what to say about this one... found it in my mailbox and played it while I fell asleep one night. It gave me weird nightmares. One included Queen Latifah when she was on Fresh Prince of Bel Air that time. I don't feel comfortable going into detail on that one.



Last.fm

Snort - Ron (2013)


Snort is a band from a friend of mind's college in Wisconsin. As you can see above, it's one of those hip colleges... but hey, I love me some instrumental rock music described as "twinkly" or "mathy', so really, who am I to judge?

Actually, I'm just jealous I don't go to a hip college.

Anyways, I highly recommend Snort to anyone who enjoys those things I said in those last couple sentences. Especially instrumental twinkly math rock.

Or hip Wisconsin twinkly judge.



Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment