Monday, November 25, 2013

Monday LXXXXI


M(u)NDAY(sic).

14 Foot 1 - Two (2012)


Just some solid math rock about farm animals, Foo Fighters, and the number 15. A follow-up to their debut, Christ Grenades from all the way back in 2007.



Really surprised I missed this release until now.

Last.fm

Greef - Greef (2013)


Greef is Pete from Portland, ME's favorite folk nightmare, Butcher Boy. Greef is also the name of this analog exploitation of fuzzy lo-fi. The best way to describe it really is to say it's less like a musical experience and more like a listening experience...


...Like finding a cassette on the side of the road that still works even with its tape ripped out.

Last.fm

Heccra - The Last Weekend of Summer EP (2012)


Heccra ain't your average mom and pop screamo band. It ain't your average emo-because-Buzzfeed-told-me-it-was band either. Never would I have thought of calling a genre of music "mutilated" until I first heard Heccra's distorted and all-out exploded post-hardcore music, but that's what I would call Heccra.

None of what I just wrote right there might make any sense. If it did... you listened to The Last Weekend of Summer. If not... listen to The Last Weekend of Summer.



I PISSED OFF A GHOST...

Last.fm
Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment