Thursday, April 24, 2014

CZARFACE

CZARFACE - Inspectah Deck + 7L & Esoteric = Czarface (2013)


Czarface is literally (yes, literally) everything I look for in a hip-hop album - from sweet 90's beats, Wu-Tang Clan, comic book themes, and, of course, pro wrestling references AND samples. This bad boy featuring the duo of 7L & Esoteric and Inspectah Deck from Wu-Tang fame has all that good stuff I mentioned above and more. Plus, I'm not just taking about one song here: this album is a beginning-to-end banger stuffed with only the coolest things you can find in hip-hop without being nerd rap. Well, without being tacky nerd rap.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined a song of any kind would include a sample of the National Wrestling Alliance's first and only 80's tag team from 2002, The New Breed and their long since forgotten Transformers inspired promo. Alas it exists and therefore has to be one of my favorite things ever put in a song. The song is called "Czar Refeali" featuring Oh No of Gangrene and is only one of many more action packed numbers.

If I did have to pick just one song off of Czarface to draw someone in though, it would certainly be "Savagley Attacked" featuring the one and only, Ghostface Killah. If this song does not hook you in, I don't think we can be friends. I'll still talk to you, I guess, but we won't be hanging out or getting ice cream together any time soon. Check this out:


Other guests in this comic book on HGH include: Roc Marciano, Cappadonna & Vinnie Paz, Mr. MFN EXquire, and Action Bronson as well as sample appearances by Iron Man, Batman, Sam and Vincent from Ronin, George Carlin, Vince McMahon, Tony Schiavone, The Road Warriors, and many more.

Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment