Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Furious Pig

Furious Pig - EP (1980) AKA I Don't Like Your Face


Furious Pig were a short lived quintet post punk band that only played music with their vocal chords. A cappella punk is what you could call it I guess and it is really out there. I'm serious when I say that though, they use only their voices, percussion and all. "Orchestrated chanting".

These three songs are pretty much all Furious Pig put out but there's probably more to be found out there... There always seems to be. Like Bare Pork.

After the fall of FP, two of the four members (Dominic Weeks and Cass Davis) went on to perform in Het. Tim Hodgkinson of Henry Cow and a Belgian Singer accompanied the two in creating "Let's Het" in 1983; Het's only release and very much out there as Furious Pig was. Stephen Kent went on to become music director for Circus Oz and Martin Kent went on to release singles under the name 'Martin Pig'.

Furious Pig are one of those bands that you just happen to find one day by accident. You sit there and wonder why these gents are not living legends. Also, I have a lot of trouble listening to the hit "I Don't Like You Face" in the shower. Here is why.

Similar sounds/acts: Het, Boredoms, OOIOO, Martin Pig, Ethiopian polyphonic chants, and other stuff that doesn't sound like Furious Pig

Last.fm
Ubu.com (Free MP3's + Profile)
I DON'T LIKE YOUR BODY.
I DON'T LIKE YOUR BODY.
I DON'T LIKE YOUR FACE
LIKE A LIKE A
LIKE YOUR FACE.


No comments:

Post a Comment