Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday XXXXXXVIII


Happy belated 50th birthday to Michael Jordan. Thanks for Space Jam, all those Hanes commercials, Space Jam, Air Jordans, and always keeping it real. I hope to be just like Mike someday.

Someday.

Be Still, Cody - Type 7 (2013)


Be Still, Cody - yes, more Wes Anderson related things - is the new project of Nathan and Monty from Studying along with DJ and Paul from Cape Farewell (a new name to me).

It's similar to Studying but also a little different because it's not Studying. Got it?



Also, "And Bye-Bye" is another movie reference, this time from the 2002 Paul Thomas Anderson flick, Punch-Drunk Love, and features a sample of Adam Sandler's character, Barry going to the dentist for advice. And then Barry smashing things.

I like to collect these little songs like "And Bye-Bye" with samples from movies and TV in particular. If you know any songs/bands or whatever that I may not that have movie/TV samples, feel free to share them with me!

Please!

Last.fm

Whenskiesaregray - What Can Not Be Reversed (2013)


Skramzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

It's been a while since I've posted some good old fashion screamo/post hardcore stuff...

Here's Whenskiesaregray's new EP instead.



Bandcamp
Last.fm

The Waldos - Sans (2013)


After weeks and weeks of waiting, it's finally here!

Portland's mega sweet math rock band that was way too cool to still be alive so they broke up band, The Waldos.

Even though I have only listened to Sans all the way through once so far, I know that it's going to be one of those albums that I'm going to be spinning (metaphorically on iTunes) a lot this year. And hey, you should too!



This is the part where I talk about The Waldos guitarist and drummer's jazz side project, Pastel Sound Explosion. Is it any suppose that these guys also play jazz, though? Take a listen to Sans and I think you'll find the answer.

Only good stuff, no less. Just really skilled and can never be seen live again kind of good stuff.

Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment