Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday LXXXIV


Moondate.

Glocca Morra/Summer Vacation - Split 7" (2013)


Good stuff from both bands right here. If you don't know either of these guys yet please do yourself a favor and get acquainted. For your health!


Seriously..

Last.fm (Glocca Morra)
Last.fm (Summer Vacation)

Wood Burning Cat - Karate Trophies (2013)


Wood Burning Cat are a three-man power pop band. I guess that means they are Weezer, right?

Whatever it is, it's pretty fun and even includes some upbeat keyboard action. 


Karate Trophies was recorded via Mike Cunnane's Cut The Shit mobile recording studio. 




Milo AKA Rory Ferreria takes Baths AKA Will Wiesenfeld instrumentals and puts obscure references on top of them.

Hopefully if I talk about him enough I can get a Nostalgia For Tomorrow pop some day. 


Really digging the last track, "The Mumblings of Mr. Wav". I had never heard Baths "Seaside Town" before this and nearly jumped out of my seat when I first heard those Kiki's Delivery Service samples. I'm a real softy for Hayao Miyazaki flicks...



No comments:

Post a Comment