Thursday, September 5, 2013

Toasted Plastic - June Highs

Toasted Plastic - June Highs (2013)


I figured these guys have been plugged enough in the Monday posts for the past two years that it was time they got the full recognition they deserve.

Toasted Plastic play a very unique and exciting blend of math rock and punk that is mixed in a big bowl of noodles and served hot. Yet it goes down so smooth. Bon appetite.

Toasted Plastic released June Highs while I was away this summer, so I didn't have the privilege of spinning this bad boy until now. It's easily my favorite release by Toasted Plastic and super easy to digest from beginning to end. I hope you like it, too....

Highlights: "Empty Hands", "Tremor Easily", "Isolation", "Last Rites", and "Great Thinking".


Similar sounds/acts: Sirs, Girl Scouts, Girlfriends, Tawny Peaks, Our Sunday Affairs, 1994!, Algernon Cadwallader, etc...

Tumblr
Facebook
Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment