Wednesday, August 31, 2011

If These Trees Could Talk

If These Trees Could Talk - If These Trees Could Talk (2006)


Many people start off their post rock experience with the one and only masters of the crescendo, Explosions in the Sky (or Godspeed You! Black Emperor if you are different). And well let's face it, Explosions are a gateway drug to wonderful things. EitS were not the first post rock band I discovered though, no, it was If These Could Talk. Not only does ITCT have a much hipper name than Explosions in the Sky, they are also a little heavier I'd say and that's what really excited me about them and kept me coming back for more. Explosions on the other hand kind of just play their feathery riffs until it picks up and they start smashing on their cymbals until you never want to see another football movie again (That's right, I'm talking about you; Friday Night Lights). If These Trees really got me into post rock and if you haven't heard of them, I suggest you check 'em out. They are a nice listen if you listen to post rock and want to just kick back and pretend your flying or something. I won't judge. Honestly though, if I hear or am in the mood for some post rock, I'll pretty much listen to any post rock band. So yeah! Post out!

(Despite my sarcastic remarks about Explosions in the Sky, I do suggest one check out their Travels in Constants tape which I may bring up later as well as their new album. I believe they may have re-earned my respect... That's right Explosions in the Sky, you re-earned my respect!)

Similar acts/sounds: Six Parts Seven, Caspian, Russian Circles, Maybeshewill & you get the picture

Last.fm
Lyrics: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment