Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday XXII


Get your Monday on.

Next time I have to pour coffee, I'm going to flip shit.

Fugue - Ancient Glass (2009)


Instrumental math rock and progressive frustration a la Enemies and Time Columns. Broke up last October after a tour with Tera Melos and Melt-Banana. They were from connecticut.

Oh and they used Matrix samples.

Last.fm

Tigers Jaw - Tigers Jaw (2008)

You know what's good.

Tigers jaw are an indie rock band that mix emo and pop punk to bring you the hits of your teenage angst years back. I'm serious.

Think Blank 182 but after 2005 and not Blank 182.

WHAT ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS?

Last.fm

Playtime Posse - Summertime Sounds of the Playtime Posse (2010)



No, it is not summer yet for all you present readers, but yes, this is the rap project by Pat the Bunny and friends (Filthy T, Count Compost, China White and K.C. AKA the Big Chomp AKA Big Creep or Kick the Gong Entertainment).

To me, P the B in the hip hop game is not too uncommon. I mean if you think about it, punx and gangstaz have a lot in common, truthfully. They both like smoking weed, fucking things (i.e. the police, shit up, the government, women and the food pyramid), doing what they wanta, referencing the third eye, balling hard (four square that is) and eating breakfast all day.

It's goofy, features some pretty cheap and DIY beats, probably the outcome of a silly night pretending to be rappers and free mic time, and fucking Pat the Bunny. Why not listen to it?

FUCK THE SURGEON GENERAL!

BREAKFAST ALL DAY!

Last.fm
Soundcloud

Junior Astronomers - I Just Want To Make A Statement (2010)

Regardless of how kiddy their name and artwork look here in this context, Junior Astronomers are out to prove that rock n roll isn't dead (or even indie rock for that matter), it's just kicking around in the dirty south somewhere.

Junior Astronomers have that southern tinge and naturally noisy energy that really got me into broadening my horizons musically that bands such as Dead Confederate, All Get Out, The Whigs, Colour Revolt and even Manchester Orchestra did. And boy have I been missing that kind of raw energy in my music!

These guys have definitely caught my attention almost immediately! I hope they catch yours too. It's pretty damn rewarding music.

Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment