Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday XXXIV


Happy Siete de Mayo!



Scooby-Doo pop punk/orgcore. Features members of Iron Chic, Small Arms Dealer and Jonesin'. 




Laid-back math rock/post rock/twinkly stuff. They're not from around here. 





Bleak metal. Very rough recording wise but for what it's worth, it was recorded with the help of Falls of Rauros and their rehearsal space, so that's pretty cool. They're from around here.


Snail Party - B.F.C.S.D. (2011)


Folk punk from people who dirty themselves up in Halifax. There's accordions, singing saws, bingos, string-y guitars, and a CocoRosie cover, and even a kit kat pizza at an orphanage. I don't know what that means but I want some. 

"Ignorant Kids" is probably my favorite track, hands down. 


Maths - MMVII (2008)



Maths is definitely one of the top screamo acts out there, in my opinion, not to mention one of the first real(ly good) screamo bands I started listening to along with Daitro and Houston We Have A Problem. That's probably why I started scratching my head as to why I have yet to post anything by 2/3 of the bands that got me started in this whole scream-y emotional mess. I'm talk about the genre screamo, of course. I wouldn't try to get all personal and weird on you like that. Anyways though, I figured that while an essential NFT post would be in order for the albums that really got me going, I figured I'd post this nice little gem from Maths that includes demos, DIY EP songs, a Jeromes Dream cover, bonus tracks and the very first song they ever wrote, "2356". Sorry I didn't have much to say other this today but I'm not in a big chit chat mood. 



No comments:

Post a Comment