Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday XXXXIII


Home Alone and not doing anything about it.

Birds In Row - Collected (2012)


French crusty hardcore. Something about the French... They always have a way of making such a used up genre sound just that much interesting again. America buddy, take note.

Bandcamp
Last.fm

This Town Needs Guns - Adventure, Stamina & Anger (2011)


UK's number one poppy math rock act, This Town Needs Guns' little teaser from last year. It is probably also the last TTNG record/EP/single featuring the signature singing of Stuart Smith as he has since left the band to further focus on his family and become a dad. Henry Tremain of another "math pop" act, Pennines is now on vocal duties as well as bass duties after the departure of Jamie Cooper. The line-up may now be a little different but I am still very much looking forward to hearing what these guys have got for us ahead recording/album wise. Just as long as they keep that noodly, upbeat math rock sound going, unlike many other math rock acts who have decided to tone down their technical sounding skills, *cough*Maps & Atlases/Tera Melos/Minus The Bear/screw Minus The Bear*cough*, I will still be a big fan and listener. 


Bandcamp
Last.fm

Cower - Land Before Time (2010)



Heavy and powerful rock from Portland, Oregon. I have this weird feeling I've posting these guys before but I haven't... It's important I do though because I also forget about them until I go back to Duck. Little Brother, Duck!'s bandcamp and look at their recommandations. That being said, this is a really awesome recommandation on those guys' part and I'm pretty pumped to see 'em again tomorrow night!

I just can't help myself when it comes to shameless plugs for other bands while trying to persuade  people to listen to the real band in question. Guess it's okay when both bands are totally gnarly, though... right?

Last.fm


No comments:

Post a Comment