Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday XXXXXX


Figured I'd do a regular Monday post before you receive your 4th day of NFT Christmas present.

Spoiled brats.



Apart - Gray Light (2012)


Apart is a group of hip looking kids with nice haircuts. They don't look that angry but they sure sound it... What's up with that?



Last.fm

Leaves Leaves - Tuna Boots (2012)



So good they named themselves twice.

Seriously though, this is another fresh face to the local music world of Portland, Maine. It seems just as one door closes on some of our favorite local acts (RIP: Red Medicine, Huak, and The Waldos soon), another one opens (hello: Conjjjecture, An Anderson, Leaves Leaves).

I guess I can't complaining...

Anyways, Leaves Leaves play lo-fi punk-noise-rock-pop, or as they have cleverly labeled it as on Bandcamp, 'slouch rock'. I kind of actually like the sound of that. I might even use that again sometime.

This debut whatever, entitled, 'Tuna Boots' was mastered by Mike Cunnane at 131 Washington Ave. in Portland, Maine.



No contact/sites yet.

The Taxpayers - "God, Forgive These Bastards" Songs From The Forgotten Life of Henry Turner (2012)


This morning I was just browsing around the scary parts of the internet when I came across a discussion about the new Taxpayers album and why no one added it to their best of 2012 lists yet. Most people just responded with, "oops, I forgot about this album" and, well, I did too honestly. It's too late to take it back, though. Whether I was going to put this on my best of list this year or not, I still feel this album needs some more goddamned listeners! So listen!

Now!



Where a 'Rhythm in the Cages' was a crusty/folky punk mess and 'To Risk So Much for One Damn Meal' sounded just like a Jeff Rosenstock side project with horns gone right, "God, Forgive These Bastard" has some sort of no wave infused folk sound that is overwhelmingly addictive.

All of The Taxpayers' albums are different. Different in a good way of course. However, the forgotten '"God, Forgive These Bastards" Songs From The Forgotten Life of Henry Turner' is clearly becoming my favorite.

Bandcamp
Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment