Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Katahdin - Pamola

Katahdin is a blackened death metal band from New England. They shred and trash about mythological creatures from New England's past including and I'm guessing not limited to, Maine's storm spirit, Pamola! 

Katahdin - Pamola (2010)


Yes. I did find these guys while looking for fellow New Englanders, Pamola who I just posted (so I thought it would a nice theme).

At first, I thought this three piecer of a band would be playing some woodsy, from the mountains type black metal like Falls of Rauros (Maine's Black metal/pegan/folk metal band) but that was not the case. These guys lay on the death metal with the blaring double bass, growling mad vox, chainsaws for guitars and (even though I can't hear what it's about) sweet ass historic New England lyrics.  The band still has some black metal elements though; their song Noreaster (those lame bad ass snow storms we get up here or the blizzard type ice cream you can get from Reds south of P-town) is a good example of this in my opinion. 

Also: Even though both the name of the band and the album is named after things from Maine, none of these guys actually reside in Maine. They're from Connecticut. 

Oh well. That's still New England... I guess...


No comments:

Post a Comment