Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday VI

It's music. Here's some Monday.

King Guava - King Guava (2010)


Mathy/twinkly emo with a banjo and grass. Vox remind me of Native/The Exploration/Victor! Fix the Sun.

Definitely an interesting blend.

Last.fm

Looshin / Connor Hattersley - Strong Soul High Split EP (2011)


For the life of me I can not remember where I found this. It's just been a tab on my computer all week.

Oh well. I've been listening to Strong Soul High a lot and it sounds really nice and sad to me. Every song kind of has a different style and could branch off into its own thing. The first track is a nice acoustic guitar piece, the second track starts out like an Adam Gnade song, the third track is a bone chilling atmospheric ambient jam, the fourth track sounds a lot like Hardy Morris of Dead Confederate (and the face on Deerhunter's record, Microcastles), the fifth track is a mega somber acoustic instrumental piece and the sixth song is a nice little demo perfect for any indie folk fan.

I'm guessing the first half is Looshin (a young musician from York) and the second is Connor Hattersley, (also a solo musician, not sure if he's also young or from York) but it isn't very clear.

Last.fm (both cats)

Thunderstorms - The Last Level EP (2011)


One man instrumental twinkly emo/punk from Ottawa. It's instrumental because he can't sing (not that should matter with a genre like "twinkle daddie"). I find it enjoyable known the less.

Last two tracks are super fun.

The Self Titled EP is also pretty well done but I don't think it has as much kick as this first release. I'm going to keep listening though and see if that opinion changes.

Last.fm

Autolatry - The Hill (2010)



Here's some more blackened death metal that tells of brutal tales of New England's illustrious history. A little more straight forward than fellow Connecticut heavy band Katahdin.

I'm not a huge death or black metal fan but if I was craving either, I would go for anything that represents New England and its illustrious history!

Props to Karl Chamberlain (vocals) for informing of this!

Last.fm 

Palmkite - Palmkite Demo (2009)



More twinkle for your toes.

Oh I know you. You're the kind of girl who'd love to be the kind of girl who fell in love with the thrill of uncertainty.


Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment