Friday, October 7, 2011

The Tallest Man On Earth part 1

The Tallest Man On Earth really isn't that tall but he surely wants to be the tallest man in your eyes.

The Tallest Man On Earth - The Tallest Man On Earth (2006)


Favorite track: Steal Tomorrow

The Tallest Man On Earth is Kristian Matsson. I remember reading about this guy on some non-existent blog, I think it was Apes With Guns, and all I needed to read was "the Swedish Bob Dylan"for me to be interested. I was really in the mood for some folk at the time (and still am) and so I quickly grabbed his EP and started liking what I was hearing right away. The raw country-grown passion of this means voice is an easy fit to any fan of folk or odd voiced singers. YOu don't even have to be a Dylan fan.

This self-titled EP is his most raw and free work he has put out to date. That being said, I don't think he has really put anything out that I can't enjoy.

P.S. The song "Walk The Line" is not a Johnny Cash cover. Still really good none the less.

The Tallest Man On Earth - Shallow Grave (2008)



Favorite track: Pistol Dreams

The first full release and probably best by TTMOE.

I always feel bad when I make a comparison to another band or artist like every other joe schmo on the internet. whether or not he sounds like Bob Dylan, he's still his own man!

Last.fm
Official site
The tallest man on earth for real

No comments:

Post a Comment