Saturday, September 3, 2011

Daïtro

France is pissed. I dunno why. But I now that Daitro kicks major, well, derrière.  Daitro is also the reason I got into screamo. Real screamo. Watch your mouth. All in all, this band shows how brutal yet beautiful french screamo really is. The combination of  post rock is much like the late City of Caterpillar which was actually probably the first screamo band I had ever listened to and didn't even know it. Daitro builds up a wonderfully intricate wall of sound and then smashes it all down with choatic and emotional hoot and hollering. Everything this genre is while still being their own band. What makes these french folks so mad? I dunno but I do know that the french love themselves a good riot now and then. Especially when it's about the retirement age being moved up a year.

Daïtro - Laissez Vivre les Squelettes (2006)


Favorite song: Trois murs pour la salle de torture

Daîtro - Y (2009)


Favorite song: Part IV

Last.fm
Official page

No comments:

Post a Comment