Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hop Along, Queen Ansleis - Freshman Year

Hop Along, Queen Ansleis - Freshman Year (2006)



Really simple and catchy stuff right here. The approach that Frances Quinlan brings to Hop Along, Queen Ansleis (now, just Hop Along and includes members of a band called Dragonzord, Netherfriends, and even Eric Slick of Dr. Dog and Jackie Sullivan of Little Lungs while touring sometimes) can be easily compared to other female vocalist acts with that similar cute girl sound, but I like to think that Frances handles her vocals in a much different and refreshing way. It's Passionate to a point where I just wanna go into my stereo and give her a big hug. I don't think my girlfriend would approve of that, though. Take a listen to here for yourself what I mean.

The song "Bruno is Orange" hits so hard.



Did you hear about that mother?
Broke her daughter's legs in two
And said, "it's too dangerous out there to walk, so I had to save you."
Last.fm
Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment