Monday, September 5, 2011

KYOTY - Nine

KYOTY is an abbreviation of Keep Your Opinions To Yourself (about how bad their name actually is). I like to pronounce this band's name as "coyote" but I've heard it pronounced differently, oh well. I got a chance to see this band play at a pretty sweet show with Rosetta and "Maine's first metal band" WarAnimal on or around my birthday last year. I was real impressed with their set even when I thought they were a math rock band since I say they played with Giraffes? Giraffes! at UNH (which I would have loved to see). But as they began tearing through their performance, I quickly realized they were much more of an atmospherical post-metal or post-rock act like the headliners, Rosetta. I picked up this one track EP from the band after they played and they were pretty nice and friendly gentlemen from New Hampshire. I don't know if you've noticed but I like bands that are friendly. Especially at the merch table. They came back for a another show with WarAnimal and Rosetta but it was a 21+ show so I could not bare witness to these New Hampshirian 'up and comers' once more. Shame.

This one track is called "Nine" and It's super sick for driving around at night in a dark countryside somewhere and your driving really fast. Maybe even too fast. The physical copy is nice because it just loops its self back around almost after it has finished. If your not paying attention, the song could seem endless!

KYOTY - Nine 

(Not the real artwork)

Similar acts/sound: Russian Circles, Pelican, Rosetta (minus vox), And So I Watch You From Afar, etc.

Ofishshell page
Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment