Friday, September 23, 2011

Wugazi - 13 Chambers

At first I was like that is pretty sick I guess. Fugazi + Wu-Tang. Two bands I never thought would be mashed up. Cool cool. But then as I opened the folder and sent the first MP3 to my iTunes, I heard that beautiful and quite familiar piano work under Raekwon's tight rhymes from C.R.E.A.M. and boy did it kick my ass. Maybe it's because "I'm So Tired" is my favorite Fugazi song or maybe it's just the well done engineering, but either way it was an awesome surprise. The rest of the album is just as promising! 

Wugazi - 13 Chambers (2011)


I was a little hesitant at first because I also thought the Wu-Tang Vs. The Beatles mash up was a genius idea. Every time I listen to Enter the Magic Mystery Chambers though, I get a little bored and antsy in anticipation for things to stick together and fit but it doesn't really work itself out. Maybe it's the fact that I'm not too into the The Beatles tracks that the creator, Tom Caruana used or the fact that the beats aren't really very interesting and kind of slow (not that that technic can't always work). Most of the time I just end up wanted to listen to the originals. Which is fair. 

But hey! look on the bright side: someday there could even be a Beatles + Fugazi combo (looking right now to see if there is...). 

Unlike Enter the Magic Mystery Chambers, I think 13 Chambers is really well put together and actually has some choice Fugazi tracks. Along with the first track I'm So Tired, there's Suggestion, Waiting Room,  Forensic Scene, and I bunch more that I don't wanna give away (a.k.a. I'm lazy). 


Found out about this album from someone on Facebook then re-found it on the much hipper and experienced blog than my own: Lyrics Will Not Reach the Audience

No comments:

Post a Comment