Saturday, September 10, 2011

Victor! Fix the Sun

Victor! Fix the Sun is or should I say were a totally tubular post hardcore band from Michigan. I don't know exactly when they broke up but it was not to recent because last time I checked out their Last.fm page there were no RIP sad faces. Last time I checked there was only the constant comparisons to fellow michigan post hardcore bands like La Dispute and Bear Vs. Shark. Now, I'm not saying that they don't sound like those cats but they definitely brought something else to the playing field. They are a little funkier than La Dispute but less alive. There's my comparison.

Victor! Fix the Sun played some rad post hardcore mixed with a little post punk and a lot of emotion.

Victor! Fix the Sun - Retractable Claws (2007)


Favorite track: Karma Suits Ya

last.fm

Watch out for the eyes! They're coming for you!

Be sure to also check they're new bands: Jowls and Blank States. I know I will. Eventually...

No comments:

Post a Comment