Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Good Luck

Ginger, Matt, & Mike of popped out punk rock band, Good Luck sound like they just wanna jam with their friends and have a good time while telling you an important (at least to them) or heartbreaking story. Just another one of those Plan-It-X bands that you wish you were close with. They're fun and the combo of Ginger's cute charm and Matt of Matty Pop Chart's... hmmmm well, also cute charm is absolute pure enjoyment.

I might have said they were cute but this is still pop punk... not twee pop... or folk punk for that matter...

Good Luck - Into Lake Griffy (2008)


I certain friend of mine who I may have mentioned in past posts is always asking who these guys are whenever I play them in my car. I tell him, 'good luck finding that out, buddy!' Just kidding. I just made that up.

Similar acts/sounds: Nana Grizol, One Reason, Matty Pop Chart, Paul Baribeau, RVIVR, Hop Along, Pirouette, & many more!

I don't know how we got here, but somehow we learned how to live here.
Last.fm
Plan-It-X

Good Luck also came out with a nice little Demo tape last year (2010) which features a much better than the original cover of "When You Were Mine" by the (In my opinion) super overrated Prince. The other tracks are fun too of course. Check 'em out!

P.S. There's nothing wrong with twee pop or folk punk, but Good Luck is neither.

No comments:

Post a Comment