Friday, April 13, 2012

Bomb the Music Industry! - Vacation

Since I'm on vacation and I'm being really lazy, here's Bomb the Music Industry's 2011 release, Vacation. It almost made the cut as an honorable mention best album of the year and it's probably my favorite release by Jeff Rosenstock to date.

Bomb the Music Industry! - Vacation (2011)


Vacation is a lot more stripped down and straight forward than your usual BtMI! dish. It is also the least ska thing from BtMI! I have heard. I like that. There's nothing wrong with the other stuff. It's not like it just sounds like Kudrow, Jeff's more punk driven project, either... it's still very BtMI!-esque. You know, just not super fast, electronic, ska punk BtMI!.

Vacation also features Ginger Alford (track 4, I believe) among others. Ginger and her gang of losers winners, Good Luck have just announced their tour with Spoonboy this week and unfortunately for me, they are not making their way up to Maine. At least, not yet...

Similar sounds/acts: Good Luck, Kudrow, The Arrogant Sons of Bitches, Laura Stevenson and The Cans, O Pioneers!!!, The Wild, Shinobu, The Max Levine Ensemble, and no one and everyone.

The shit that you hate don't make you special.

Like most releases by BtMI!, Vacation is free on Quote Unquote Records. I'm starting to see a pattern here. Maybe Jeff and Quote Unquote are related? Maybe Jeff is Quote Unquote?

Quote Unquote
Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment