Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday XXX


More action than xXx.

Hope everybody had a good Easter.

Anybody want my jellybeans?

Shapes Like Dinosaurs - Rarities (2012)


Shapes Like Dinosaurs just released some new material on their Bandcamp that generally consists of demos, unfinished jams and improv. It's got some good ideas and I would really enjoy hearing what "Fingers 5000" will evolve into. If nothing, that's okay too.

Last.fm

By Surprise - Mountain Smashers (2011)


Once I learned that By Surprise isn't Boy Problems, for some reason I had the impression they were the same band and what I was listening to on my ipod, I felt like this should have been one of my favorite albums of last year. It might not be 2011 anymore but I'm still going to listen to this album like it was. 2011 listens as a whole is my goal for this album and I don't think it will be that hard.

By Surprise is a super slick indie rock/twinkly/69th revival emo punk band from Jersey. They also have a split with Hightide Hotel, an EP called 478, and are currently on tour with Into It. Over It. I think they sound like an emo-y version of the rad punk band, Big Kids. That's really really rad.

Nothing against Boy Problems. If they had gotten back to together and released a new album: that would be on here too.

Bandcamp
Last.fm

Astronomer - Heavy Air (2010)


Very Cursed-"Friends in the Music Business"-hardcore from Boston. These guys opened up for KYOTY a couple weeks back when I went to the CD release party in Boston and I wasn't disappointed at all. They definitely pack a punch without having to look really tough or scary. Hell, I didn't even know they were a hardcore band... I just thought it was that whole seven flights or stairs/two hour wait period stuff. 

Jokes.


Boy Crisis - Tulipomania (2009)


Boy Crisis was a short-lived (or maybe still alive?) pop group that featured Victor Vazquez AKA Kool A.D of Das Racist fame. Due to "internal problems with the record label", Tulipomania was never released officially and Boy Crisis never blew up like MGMT or Foster the People or whoever is really popular with a capital POP these days. It's only as serious as Kool A.D. can be (so not very much), but if you take it seriously you might end up getting the wrong impression. It's still a goofy think, especially now, hearing Kool A.D. sing, well.. actually really good and not about random things he sees around the office that he can rap about. Not that we don't like such things, of course (I love it).

Also, I'd keep this band away from your girlfriend, sister, or sister's little friends. It's pretty intoxicating and you know how those fan girls get... 

I saw the Kids Choice Awards. 


Also:

David Liebe Hart AKA that guy from Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! with the puppets (do I have to say more?), is looking to make a punk rock album and he needs our help! I'm not sure how genuine it is but he needs $8,000 (the price of punk) to complete his dream album featuring songs from the Tim & Eric tour and I sure as hell wanna see this happen and exist. So yeah, donate to his Kickstarter page and check back in 22 days from now to see if his goal is reached! I know whatever comes of this will be pure gold. Just look at that Trash Talk T-shirt! 

Seriously though, my friend's girlfriend met David once and HE IS JUST LIKE THIS IN REAL LIFE.



I'm serious.

Salame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment